The Family

The Family

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Dresses So far...

So here is Anna's dress so far. I have been really happy with how they are coming out. There will be a bow in the front of the dress made out of the ribbon.
This is the bottom of the dress. The ribbon is actually going to be peeking out from the bottom of the dress.

The sleeves were a challenge for me. I have never put in sleeves or a zipper before. My mom was gracious enough to come and sit by me and tell me how to do it. I did all the work, but she walked me through it.

I am very excited about these dresses. Abby's is coming along too. I have not done her sleeves yet, but it will be finished soon after Anna's. I tried to put a pocket in Anna's just incase we got an insulin pump before Christmas (not going to happen). The pocket wasn't going as well as I had hoped. Not to mention, while sniping a string from the pocket, I also sniped the skirt in two different places. And of course the piece I sniped was the largest piece of the skirt!! So, I had to rip everything apart and basically start again. I hadn't gotten very far, but it was still frustrating. I took a couple of days off from the dresses before getting back to work on them. Then I realized, because of my stupid mistake, I was short on fabric for Abby's dress. Luckily the store still had the same bolt of fabric (which I actually kind of think is drapery liner!). I just can't believe that they look like I had visioned, and they are most likely going to be done it time for Christmas!!!! So we are off to the mall tomorrow to buy full, twirly slips to wear under the dresses and maybe some cute ballet slipper shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah....I stumbled on your blog and just wanted to tell you these dresses are adorable. I am a little jealous for your 3 little girls!!
    Enjoy!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete