The Family

The Family

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Book Study with my Bestie

So, I really wish I was a more consistent Blogger.  What a great way to record the thoughts and pictures in your life.  I love being able to get all my thoughts written down.  I just feel I never have much to write about.  But now, today, I am starting a book.  Reading one that is, not writing.  My bestie and I are reading "7 - An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" by Jen Hatmaker.  I love her blog.  The bestie and I decided to do a book study together and she recommended this one.  I guess I should use a different word than recommended.  She had heard of it, but was a little weary to read it.  I felt the same way.  Do I really want to read a book that is going to point out how 'wealthy' I am compared to the rest of the word.  Do I really want to be challenged to give up certain comforts while reading this book?  We were both intrigued by the book, but like I said, unsure we wanted to do it.  So I bit the bullet and ordered my book before we could change our mind.  Now it's time to get started.  I think this is going to be a hard book to follow through on.  That is why I have told myself I am going to blog about reading/doing the book.  Here's the book in a nutshell:  Seven months, seven areas, reduced to seven simple choices.  The areas are food, clothes, possessions, media, waste, spending and stress.  I love in the introduction that Jen says, "I'm ready to adopt Jesus' version of rich, blessed and generous."

That's as far as I have gotten, the Introduction.  Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment